Wednesday 14 May 2008

A New Day, A New Season

For my first post I thought I would create a general list of aims that Liverpool Football Club should achieve by mid-August 2008. Throughout this list you may find where my allegiances lie in the club, and as is the same with all fans I may appear fickle as my blog goes on. I like to think I keep up to date on news & gossip related to LFC and will share my opinion on the major stories. I hope for this blog to map our 08/09 season from May to May through my eyes (and fingers), and display the ups and downs that we encounter to Premier League glory... ahem, I'll get on with it then.

1) Create and maintain a stable ownership and boardroom
2) Give support to the manager
3) Decrease negativity and adverse media speculation
4) Preserve and safeguard our integral players
5) Swift and successful movement in the transfer market for quality additions
6) Raise the profile of the club abroad economically and culturally
7) Develop the stadium plans and hospitality for the fans

Since the season ended last weekend I won't dwell on maybes and what ifs, but the league table shows the club in fourth position, again, but progress has definitely taken place (even if we were 3rd in the last two seasons). Benitez has made sure we remember the positives of this trophy less season, such as the improved points tally (11 points off the top), prolific goal scoring of many players (highest in the EPL: 119) and another record clean sheets (18). I think I'll end post #1 on these high points, and I hope they aren't the last.

No comments: