Friday 25 July 2008

Stylish Strips: Revolting Or Revered?

Liverpool FC have released the away and third kit for the following two seasons. It seems like the main idea for the 'silver' away kit is its history of being worn during our last top flight success, and adding a visual angle to our continual desperation to claim #19. My first thoughts of this grey strip was generally negative when I saw a leaked picture of the shirt from somewhere in Asia (I presume, as designs get leaked from the out-sourced countries where they are made). This opinion is down to the drab colour and little else to stimulate or excite the mind, unlike the home kit with the several new aesthetic features. The small squared chequered effect which is all over the shirt doesn't add much either, and I doubt it has any form of functionality on the player's or opposition's performance. Conversely, the European kit looks nice with a metallic tinge of turquoise with a black collar and shorts, like the highly vaunted 3rd kit of last season. From first impressions I'm inclined towards the Euro kit, but I'm sure the grey edition will grow on me when I see our team run out and goals are flying in. I currently own the new home kit with Gerrard/8 on the back in Premier League font. As strange as it may seem, it feels different than the last one. It feels more tailored and impressive and its good to be wearing red again, instead of white.

No comments: